Emmywyl replied

295 weeks ago

Stick Full Movie With English Subtitles Online Download > DOWNLOAD

Show Spoiler

Ernest 'Stick' Stickley returns from prison, and very soon he gets involved with his old friend in a drug-running deal that goes sour. Hired by a rich investor, he tries to walk the line, but trouble follows him throughout as he tries to collect a debt and make up for lost time with his daughter. Stick also finds a new flame with a financial wiz and gets set to enjoy a new life, but Chucky and Nestor, the two hoods who owe him the debt, have other plans for Stick.
A few years ago I was working at Blockbuster Video and bought this movie brand new for $1.00 on VHS. It was worth it. Most people don't like this movie, but I have a certain fondness for it. I am a huge Elmore Leonard fan and also a Burt Reynolds fan so I liked it. I admit that it has flaws like Candice Bergen's wooden performance. But it has two great acting jobs by Charles Durning and the late stuntman Dar Robinson as the albino hit-man Moke. His performance is truly terrifying. It is terrific when Burt taunts him as Bunny Eyes. Durning is also great as a red haired drug dealer. There are a few good action scenes at the beginning and then at the end. The middle of the film drags. If only the intensity of the beginning could be kept up to the finish this would have been a great film.
Burt Reynolds plays Ernest &quot;Stick&quot; Stickley. We should just stop the plot description right there. But we&#39;ll go on - Stick is an ex-con who gets out of jail and ends up working as a chauffeur for a mega-wealthy dude (Segal) and living at his mansion in the Miami area. While he&#39;s trying to romance Kyle (Bergen) as well as forge a relationship with his daughter after his prison stay, nefarious drug dealers and gangsters are after Stick, led by the flamboyant Chucky (Durning) and his remorseless hit man Moke (Robinson). Will Stick Stickley stick to the law-abiding side of life? This was the last movie Burt made before his Not Caring period (discussed in our Heat, 1986 review). Because he still cared (after all, he directed the movie and co-wrote the theme song &quot;I Don&#39;t Think I&#39;m Ready For You&quot; sung by Anne Murray), his demeanor is actually pleasant to watch and seems to be enjoying himself reasonably enough, by Burt standards. He gets many personas in the movie - from the &quot;Indiana Burt&quot; of the beginning with his bomber jacket, fedora and beard to the &quot;James Bond Burt&quot; of later on, with &quot;Casual Burt&quot; in the middle, complete with pink Members Only jacket. (We&#39;re not entirely convinced that it isn&#39;t a woman&#39;s jacket).<br/><br/>But the real star of the show is Charles Durning as Chucky. In a role like no other we&#39;ve seen Durning interpret, he plays a Rip Taylor-like villain complete with loud shirts and bizarre makeup. Durning steals the movie, but George Segal gives him a run for his money with his big, boisterous role as Barry.<br/><br/>While Burt is as laconic as ever in front of the camera, he does a good, competent job behind it, clearly influenced by the popularity of Miami Vice. But the movie is a lengthy production with a very mainstream look. It needed more grit. It also should have been shorter and snappier. Elmore Leonard usually does good work but 52 Pick-Up (1986) remains his best.<br/><br/>Clearly the Nickelodeon character Stick Stickley was influenced by Burt Reynolds.<br/><br/>For more action insanity, please visit: comeuppancereviews.com

646f9e108c
hindi FiN free downloadCode Geass: Akito the Exiled 2 - The Torn-Up Wyvern song free downloadDeath of a Batman sub downloadhindi Saving MilesFalse Witness movie free download in hindiMy Schoolmate the Barbarian full movie in hindi free download hd 1080pEpisode 1.5 full movie hd 1080pDuel of the Titans full movie download mp4Episode 1.132 full movie download in hindi hdFutility full movie in hindi download
Please log in to post a reply.